Tesla Model X who?
I’m starting to think that as I get older, my ‘futurist’ tendencies are getting stronger, as I realise that I only have a certain amount of time left to see dreams fulfilled.
Why are companies looking to ‘tomorrow’ when I want the future ‘today’? I know this is a real first world problem – mankind in general can’t even feed or house the whole of humanity yet, let alone troubleshoot all the problems we face. But this is a blog post about a new car design, and won’t tackle any of these other pressing issues.
Jaguar have designed an all electric car that it claims will be on the road in the second half of 2018. Not too long to wait then. Plus, there’ll be two new Star Wars films to distract me in that time.
The car itself – the I-Pace Concept – looks beautiful, with specifications to match. Their website claims the following:
- I‑PACE Concept can offer a range greater than 500km (310 miles) on a single charge.*
- Its instant torque, All Wheel Drive capabilities and aerodynamic design enable I‑PACE Concept to achieve sports car acceleration, reaching 60mph in around 4 seconds.*
- I‑PACE Concept’s range is enabled through its high tech Lithium Ion battery which has a capacity of 90kWh.*
- With 700Nm of instant torque available, I‑PACE Concept’s two electric motors together produce 400PS of power.*
- 5 full seats
- Rear load space: 530 litres
- Front luggage compartment: 36 litres
- Footprint: 4680mm(l) x 1560mm(h) x 1890mm(w)*
- I‑PACE Concept can achieve 80% charge in 90 minutes with a 50kW DC rapid charger.*
Take a look at the site itself for more information.
No word on if it has an Insane mode yet. I’m kinda grateful – the slower this car moves, the more time we all have to look at it…